Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Devastating

Arrived at the site, very stressed, not knowing when I would ski, I think I’m to see soon so rush to get gear, get all worked up to find out a have an hour or so. Adrenalin coursing through my veins and I’m feeling weak, not a good sign. I purchase some water, get to the dock and have time to settle down. After a hour on the dock with the other Division A skiers, I start to relax, and the water is glass. The first five skiers ski great, then the water chops up and gets nasty but then next few skiers do okay. My turn, I call 2400 RPM till I plant, two seconds ‘hail it’. I yell ‘Gear’ then “Okay” then I roll over to start the first Slalom pass backwards. Boat driver must be way over 2400 rpm, but I make the back deep-to-one (always get up backward on one foot). The water is ‘nasty’ and after the 4th crossing I fall, bummer.

When I get to the end of the course via the pickup boat, I’m notified that my water was rough and that I had optional reride. So they wait a few minutes, back to the starting dock and I try to get them to wait cause I feel it’s still too rough, but no avail; I’m to go now. I give the instructions again, 2400 rmp…. Notify them to go via ‘okay’ signal and after I plant, the boat speed was not there. I was committed to the one foot start and was not in position to step out; result I MISSED MY START – Score Zero.

Return pass is into the wind forward, but it really doesn’t matter, I’m not going to semi’s after 5 crossings, one hand slips off the handle and I twist out of position and I’m down. Score – 4.1. Total for both passes 4.1, I’m sure this is the worst slalom score I’ve every received, and at the World Championships. No excuses, it’s called life and some times it doesn’t go as planned. But I’m still embarrassed and bummed out. I want to cry…

No comments:

Post a Comment